Miss H chose Princess (Flap Find Reveal) for Book Themed Day #4, it’s one of her favourite books; she loves being able to help read the story by doing the flap, find reveal!
The story follows Princess Ruby and her friends as they play in the palace, the flaps help to reveal part of the story.
We decided to base one of our crafts around making a Princess and for the other craft we decided to bake cupcakes just like they do in the story 🙂
Miss H wanted to make an Autumn Princess; so I picked up an orange and then we went out foraging for sticks and leaves and anything else we could put on our fairy! Hope you like her!
For the Cupcakes:
110g plain flour
110g butter, softened
110g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
For the Buttercream Topping:
280g Icing Sugar
1-2 tbsp milk
Wire Cooling Rack
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale anf fluffy.
4. Beat the eggs together in a seperate bowl, then add in the Vanilla.
5. Pour the Eggs/Vanilla combination into the butter and sugar bowl.
6. Beat the mixture together.
7. Line the muffin tin with paper cases and add the mixture.
8. Bake for 20 minutes until risen and golden.
While the cupcakes are baking, prepare your buttercream icing:
9. Beat the Butter in a bowl until soft. Add in the Icing Sugar and Milk. Beat together until creamy and smooth.
10. Put the Buttercream icing into your icing bag ready for piping!
11. Cool the cupcakes for 10 minutes on a wire rack before icing.