Here are my Top 5 Holiday essentials for travelling abroad with a toddler.
1. By the far the best thing we took on holiday for Miss H was the Amazon Kindle Fire. At just £49.99 it provided hours of entertainment on the plane, in the airport, in the hotel room and out at dinner. I cannot recommend this highly enough if you are travelling with a toddler! I honestly can’t believe the price difference between this and the iPad mini; we have 2 kindle fires between 3 of us and we all absolutely love them!
2. Boots Soltan Once 6 Hour Sun Protection 3 Hour Water Protection sunscreen Factor 50 was an absolute god send! Getting sun cream on a toddler is not an easy task so having one that protects for such a long period of time is vital; we found that once really was enough too. Miss H suffers from Eczema and this cream did not cause any rashes so that was another reason for recommending!
3. The Original Konfidence Children’s Swim Jacket is another must have item. My toddler has swimming lessons but is not fully able to swim yet, with this on she had confidence in the little toddler pool to run around; the one time she did lose her footing and go under she was back up and swimming by the time I made the one step to her to pick her up – fantastic device! We used this all of the time when Miss H was in the toddler pool. I particularly loved the fact that it had factor 50 sun protection. In addition it also has a trademark bright yellow back meaning that you could easily spot your child if the worst did happen and they did fall in.
4. Next on my list of must haves is a Mountain Warehouse Swim Suit and Mountain Warehouse Legionnaire Kids Swim Quick Dry UV Protection Cap Having the extra protection from the sun’s harmful rays in the swim suit as well as the hat for me was an absolutely MUST; I saw so many toddlers on holiday with red raw shoulders; these costumes protect that delicate little area. Miss H has eczema and is always prone to rashes, the anti-rash protection in the Mountain Warehouse range is amazing as Miss H never got 1 rash!
5. These Clarks Doodles for me were a fabulous buy for holiday; They could be worn around the pool to prevent falls into the water as they have a fab grip, they could be worn on the sand and easily washed and dried afterwards (they only take an hour for me to dry in the UK!). I saw so many toddlers wearing these; they come in a fantastic variety of designs and colours and can also be worn in the sea or pool if required.
Disclaimer: The Konfidence swim vest, Mountain Warehouse Swimsuit and Hat were all provided to me free of charge to review, however all of the opinions are my own honest ones.
Want to prepare for your upcoming holiday, check out these posts:
If you want to read more of me on my soapbox then check this out:
If you’ve had enough of me on my soapbox, you could read about some of my families wonderful adventures:
I’ve linked up to: